Saturday, February 6, 2010

Detoxication

Beginning Monday I will be started a detox for my system. It consists of drinking this punch I have to make. The ingredients are as follows: 6 lemons, 12 oranges, and 6 grapefruits. I have to make 3 gallons worth for the three days i will be doing this. I have to drink a cup an hour for those days. Afterwards, I will have to fast 3 more days.

After all that, my body will be rebooted and I can start a new diet that won't consist of the junk we eat everyday. I will start a healthy lifestyle.

So enough about that. Lets talk about some music. I was online a few days ago and I wanted to do some research on some new indie bands. I went on Last.fm and found some pretty good ones. Band of Horses, Kaiser Chiefs, Air Traffic, Portugal. The Man, and Doves. I downloaded a lot of their CDs and I enjoy each one. My favorite song from all these guys has to be "The Funeral" by Band of Horses. I remember hearing the song before like on a movie or TV show but I couldn't put my finger on it. But these guys have an awesome sound. The lead singers voice can reach very high notes and its really clear.

I've been wanting to see some indie bands I like in concert but none of them have any tour stops down here in SoFlo. They're plenty of hardcore bands that come down but I rarely hear any news about indie bands. I would really like to see some of these guys perform live. I think some indie bands can give off a lot more energy on stage then hardcore bands. Like when I saw Mute Math last November, that was some crazy stuff. Me and buddies started a mosh pit for almost every song. They're weren't intense though like hardcore pits but it was a lot of fun. It was a packed show, people standing shoulder against shoulder, and it got super hot. By the time the show was done I could barely walk straight cause of the dehydration.

This has nothing to do with what I was talking about, I just think it's funny:

1 comment:

  1. The Funeral is an amazing song....first time i heard it was in the background of this bike trick video i saw last year ..check it out. the guys got some sick talent... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o ...good luck with the detox

    ReplyDelete